Modifying a steel almirah is really simple and you’ll enjoy too. Some of us even use our old almirah as a showpiece with beautiful artwork and art pieces in it. Redesigning an almirah gives a new look and new life to it. Even if you have a brand new almirah and wish to make it according to your taste and space texture, you can. Check out the step-by-step procedure and make your almirahs look much beautiful than ever.
How to Paint Steel Almirah at Home
Step 1. Choose your perfect fit almirah
- This step is for the one who wants to design their newly purchased almirah.
- Choosing an ideal fit almirah means firstly decide the space where you want to put your almirah.
- Take the measurements and purchase one accordingly.
- While purchasing an almirah, check the quality and durability.
Step 2. Prepare the steel cabinet for painting
- Before anything,check the almirah and remove everything from it.
- Once you have an empty cabinet, clean it with a damp cloth and a dry cloth.
- With the help of sandpaper remove rust from inside and outside of the cabinet.
- Sanding helps new paint to stick better and gives a very smooth effect on the cabinet.
Step 3. Select your paint
- Choose the color according to space and area where you want to put your cabinet.
- We’ll suggest using special spray paint for painting on steel as the spray paints are more convenient and easy to apply.
- For better results, one can also buy a primer for metals. The primer removes the rust from the cabinet and prevents from future stains.
Step 4. Paint separately
- It is advisable to paint the inner drawers separately from the cabinet.
- If you want to keep the color of the handles as it is, then cover the handles with painter’s tape and remove after the drawers are painted.
- If not, paint the whole drawer with the same paint.
- Before painting use a newspaper, put it below the cabinet and drawers to avoid stains on the floor.
Step 5. Spray paint and prime
- Before painting, you need to keep the drawers and cabinet separately.
- First, use the spray in color you prefer and let it dry thoroughly.
- After the paint gets dry use a primer spray on it.
- At the back of the primer bottle you’ll find its drying time.
Step 6. Put things back
- After once you are done with painting, it’s time to put the drawers back into the almirah.
- Once you set the almirah, give time to the paint to dry down and a night to set the paint.
So this is how you can quickly make your old almirah into new vivacious one. Try these steps and give your cabinet a modern look. One can also paint, do perspectives and another art form on almirah, keep a base spray first and then do the rest on it. Show your best ideas in your personal space and enhance its beauty.
If you find this procedure tough and want a helping hand, we are here. With our predetermined services and super talented professionals who can paint your almirah just the way you want.